Join the citizens of the Middle Kingdom as we wrap up our series, Unveiled, and discuss what the Old Testament has to say about Jesus and some of the common mistakes that often arise in these discussions. To find verses, notes, and small group discussion’s from today’s show, visit themiddlekingdom.org.
Gospel and Kingdom by Graeme Goldsworthy
Small Group Discussion Questions:
- What are some dangerous ideas about Jesus?
- In the podcast we listed several dangers to avoid: over allegorizing, decontextualizing, Moralize the Bible, and over personalizing. Do you agree that these are dangers? If so, how do we avoid it?
- What are some common verses that get misused and why?
- How do the books of the Old Testament fit together (historically and theologically)?
- Who are the key People and promises in the Old Testament and how do they help point us to Jesus?
- Share of a time when you found yourself in the cycle of sin and how Jesus freed you from it.
- Can you list the major covenants in the Old Testament? Discuss how they connect to the New Covenant (Read Heb. 9:15, Jeremiah 31:31-34, Ezekiel 6:24-28)
- What is your favorite book of the Old Testament and how does it teach Jesus? What is your favorite book in the New Testament and how does it teach Jesus?