Join the citizens of the Middle Kingdom as we continue our series, Unveiled, and look into what the Old Testament has to say about Jesus as prophecy. To find verses, notes, and small group discussions from today’s show, visit themiddlekingdom.org.
Verses from today’s show:
I Peter 1:10-11
I Peter 5:1
I Cor. 15:12-26
G.K. Beale and D.A. Carson, Commentary on the New Testament of the Old Testament
Michael J. Williams, The Prophet and His Message: Reading Old Testament Prophecy Today
Josh McDowell, Evidence that Demands a Verdict
Small Group Discussion Questions:
- How has your understanding of prophecy changed after today’s discussion?
- Name some Old Testament prophets and describe their specific role they held in the historio-redemptive narrative of Scripture.
- Spend some time reflecting to the promise found in Gen. 3:15 and the verses surrounding that promise. How does it make us love God more, long for his second coming, and turn our hearts toward repentance?
- In Gen. 12:3 we have a promise about the Messiah, that He will bless the nations. How are we involved in that promise? What other verses in the Old and New Testament help us understand this promise better?
- Read Psalm 89:1-4. How should we respond to Jesus as King?
- Matthew spends much time focusing on the Kingdom of God. What is our role in this Kingdom?
- Discuss how Jesus is our greatest prophet.