Join the citizens of the Middle Kingdom as we start a new series called Unveiled: What the Old Testament has to say about Jesus. This episode is the introduction where we clear up common misconceptions on this topic.
Verses from today’s show:
Luke 24:25-27, 44-45
John 8:56 ? 56
I Peter 1:10-11
Vern Poythress, The Shadow of Christ in the Law of Moses
Edmund Clowney, The Unfolding Mystery: Discovering Christ in the Old Testament
Jonathan Edwards, A History of the Work of Redemption
The Scriptures Testify About Me, Al Mohler, Tim Keller, Alistair Begg, D. A. Carson
Max Anders, Understanding the Bible in 30 Days
Small Group Discussion Questions:
- How much of your time is spent in the Old Testament?
- Are there any Old Testament books you have never read?
- What are three practical things you can do or ask each time you read from the Old Testament that will help you to better understand it?
- What information did you heart today that was totally new?
- What are the things said from this episode that you disagree with? Why? Can you use scripture to defend your position?
- Will you commit to read through an Old Testament book this week or month?
- Take some time to discuss different ways Jesus is the fulfillment of the Old Testament.
Photo Credit: Zach Mazrim
Check out this episode!